Find out the film selection and jury for the 9th edition of MyFrenchFilmFestival!
After a record year in 2018 with 12 million viewings, the coziest film festival in the world is back again this year with 28 features and short films accessible across the globe, from January 18 through February 18, 2019 !
Available for the very first time in virtual reality with VRrOOm's XR Festivals app, the virtual extension of the festival will showcase the festivals' short films and virtual reality lineup in 11 different languages.
Check out the trailer, the jury, and the film lineup for the world's first online French film festival, organized by UniFrance.
Celebrated French and international directors will make up the jury for the 2019 edition of MyFrenchFilmFestival:
- The Belgian director Jaco Van Dormael, multi-award winner for Toto le héros, Mr.Nobody, and The Brand New Testament
- The French director Houda Benyamina, whose debut feature Divines won the Camera d’Or at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival
- The French director Coralie Fargeat, whose debut film Revengeearned critical acclaim around the world
- The French filmmaker Mikhaël Hers, director of Memory Lane, This Summer Feeling, and Amanda
- The Canadian filmmaker Kim Nguyen, director of Two Lovers and a Bear, who was nominated for an Oscar in the Best Foreign-Language Film category in 2013 for Rebelle
The 2019 selection is divided into six innovative thematic sections that reflect the great diversity of French cinema; below are the films that the audience will have access to in virtual reality on VRrOOm's XR app:
Whether it's on a road trip, for a mockumentary, or a wedding at the zoo, family get-togethers are often a time when people get to air their dirty laundry...
WHAT THE F…RENCH!?
They may be judges or detectives, or insomniacs in search of relief—our heroes and heroines find themselves in the middle of the most absurd situations.
WOMEN AT WAR
Mothers, daughters, pioneers, Resistance fighters… portraits of women fighting a war against the world around them.
IN YOUR FACE
Who said French-language cinema couldn't be provocative and over-the-top?
LOVE “À LA FRANÇAISE”
What would French cinema be without love stories? Whether they're from yesterday, today, or tomorrow, they all share that je-ne-sais-quoi that makes them unique and ... so French!
In this section, MyFrenchFilmFestival wishes to emphasize the ability of new generation French artistic creation to constantly reinvent itself ... These new kinds of images and storytelling will move and unsettle you.
The films will be accessible for free from January 18 on the VRrOOm's XR app, downloable here:
- Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.bemersive.vrroomddream
- Apple App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/vrroom/id1403898977?l=en&mt=8
- Oculus Store: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/app/1878752508835385/
- Viveport: https://www.viveport.com/apps/42d63ba5-aaae-4eea-80d1-6a50e2e67e6b