A new Plexus virtual reality glove is now available to preorder as a developer kit priced at $250 offering finger haptics and multiple tracking standards. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the stylish VR glove developed by the San Francisco-based start-up Plexus Immersive.
The VR gloves have been specifically designed to provide users with unparalleled precision, 21 degrees of freedom, haptic feedback and modular hardware. “We are looking for partners and developers to build the next generation of immersive content. Our first batch of Developer Kit shipments are scheduled for August 2018 with limited batches following. Reserve your spot in the queue for free and we’ll reach out to you when your Developer Kit is ready to ship.”
Once fully charge the virtual reality gloves are capable of providing up to 3 hours of continual use depending on feedback usage and support a wide variety of platforms including Windows, Linux or Mac environment through the C++ and Python API. Specifications of the VR gloves include :
- Measurement System: 21 Degrees of freedom per hand
- Tactile Feedback: 5 (one per finger) tactile actuators
- Wireless: 2.4GHz Custom Low Latency Protocol
- Compatibility: Unity, Unreal Engine, C++, C#, Python
- SDK: Unity and Unreal Engine haptic rapid application development toolkit, including drop in haptic hand rigs and - -- Interactive objects ready to use with developer artwork assets
- Compatibility: VR Integration / tracking options: Vive, Oculus Rift, Windows Mixed Reality.
- Refresh rate: 180hz
For more information on the Plexus VR glove jump over to the company’s official website by following the link below.