Gotham City Films has announced that it’ll be releasing its arcade-style action combat game, Boxing Apocalypse, on the PlayStation VR for $19.99. In North America, the game will be available on November 20, 2018, with a worldwide release scheduled for December 11, 2018.
Boxing Apocalypse takes players to a prison in space where they can either fight their friends or alien hordes in a campaign that contains five levels followed by boss battles. Gotham City Films promises a “unique, precise, responsive, and intuitive” fight system alongside strategic boxing moves. Players can also customize armor, and upgrade gauntlets and weapons to create unique warriors.
Campaign and multiplayer features listed on the game’s Steam pageinclude:
• 21 challenges
• Five levels
• Fight the alien horde plus two boss battles
• Finishing moves (knocking heads off, shattering bodies)
• Power punches (achieved from skilled combinations)
• Boss fight with fatality to win the game
• Energy shields for creative counterpunch combos
• Tutorial training
• Leveling up factions: Joker, Alien Slayer, Boss, King, The One
• Win/loss record
• Hit points vary with weapon
• Customization of armor, gauntlets, weapons
• Live voice chat
Boxing Apocalypse is already available for the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.