The 3rd edition of Paris-based Virtuality convention is back at CENTQUATRE-PARIS on November 21st, 22nd and 23rd to showcase a huge array of immersive technologies. Last year, more than 10,000 visitors flocked to the 3,000m2 venue.
Here's a quick overview of the experiences that will be on display in the entertainment and cultural areas:
Numerous creative studios and XR entertainment spaces such as ILLUCITY or mk2 + will be demonstrating how and why the leisure industry can be boosted by the development of XR technologies:
- fly with the latest version of the Birdly simulator, developed by mk2 + for Paris Saint Germain
- fight your foes in the new VR Death Lap video game, developed by Ozwe Games for Oculus Quest and Oculus Rift
- feel the speed in Racepod VR's driving experience and Paraglider VR (paragliding experience) while seated in the Egg VR chair for a 360° cinema experience
- enjoy the new VR Flipper arcade terminal by Otidea
- escape hordes of enemies on your scooter in Trottinator, the newest game from We are social
- survive Quantum Anomaly, a real-life escape game (without controllers or gloves) where players physically interact with objects, by Moebius Studio
- confront robots in the Firos mission at the Spartrack VR booth
- discover the game Ragnarock by ILLUCITY
- collaborate in the multiplayer game Legend of God-Worm, Chapter 1: The Gomaroth Rift by Cahem
- encourage your favorite team in the final phases of the VR AFTER-H Virtuality e-sport competition (EVA / SmartVR) on Saturday 23rd from 3.30pm.
- see kids drawings come to life with Tokooko, developed by Kalank studio
ARTS AND CULTURE
Discover and share artistic works in playful, unique way. Here are some of the experiences on display:
- the Empires of the Ordinary, an experience in virtual reality of riddles around the illusions of the paintings of Magritte by the studio Tamanoir.
- Double Jack (104 factory) - an application to become a conductor
- the INNOVASOUND music festival appropriates the thematic axis of technological developments and the immersive experience in order to promote innovative, poetic and spectacular approaches to today's musical and sound practices.
HERITAGE AND TOURISM
Virtuality also spotlights new forms of cultural mediations, the enhancement and preservation of heritage through these new tools, and even the reception of tourists on a territory, contributing to its valuation.
- Graaly will offer a fun journey of discovery of the show with mini-games and augmented reality elements.
- Hootside will present his experience Assassin's Creed: the secret of Camerone, currently organized at the museum of the Foreign Legion in Aubagne.
Virtuality Paris in numbers:
- over 100 French and international exhibitors
- 3,000m2 of exhibition space
- XR headsets previews (helmets HoloLens 2, VRgineers, the G2 4K ...)
- a VR magic show
- a festival of immersive music INNOVASOUND
- a VR e-sports competition
- more than twenty keynotes
- and for the first year the Virtuality XR Awards, split into12 categories (find the details here).