Taking care of your PlayStation VR means making sure that it stays nice and clean. Nobody wants to overheat their system because of dust or wear a headset that is covered in someone else's germs. Keeping your system clean takes no time at all and we've got all the details for you here!
Products used in this guide
- -Amazon: PlayStation VR Bundle Moss + Astrobot Rescue Mission ($275)
- Amazon: 2-Pack Dust-Off Compressed Air ($14)
- Amazon: AmazonBasics Microfiber Cloth ($11)
- Amazon: Bleach Free Disinfectant Wipes ($8)
How to remove dust
Do not use disinfecting wipes or any alcohol based products on the lenses of your headset. This will cause permanent damage.
- Take the can of compressed air and gently squeeze the nozzle while pointing it towards all the nooks and crannies of your PSVR and PSVR accessories.
- Make sure you are at least 2-3 inches away from any device you're dusting and spray in short bursts.
- Once all the dust has been knocked loose, take your microfiber cloth and wipe away any debris from your equipment.
- Use the disinfectant wipes to clean off the surfaces of your headset. Move controllers and cords. Be gentle around areas with buttons and avoid all areas with inputs for cords.
- Once the entire system has been cleaned to your standards, give it one final wipe with a dry microfiber cloth.
There you have it! Keeping your system nice and clean won't take more than a few short minutes. Your system will look brand new in no time.
How often should I clean my PlayStation VR?
When it comes to sharing VR headsets you want to make sure everyone is safe. If you disinfect your equipment after every use, or at minimum once a week, any germs that might contain your cold won't be carried in your headset. Nobody wants to share germs, even if they're sharing VR.
The upkeep for your PSVR won't take much time out of your busy schedule. Keeping your system clean means that it's always ready to go when you want to play!
Our top equipment picks
Are you still sporting the old version of the PlayStation VR? Check out this amazing bundle that comes with 2 games and give your system an upgrade!
Aside from how easy it is to clean, the PlayStation VR has captivated our hearts for many reasons. This console is perfect for introducing virtual reality to your friends and family. It has an easy setup, simple commands, and plenty of amazing games for everyone to enjoy.
The two games that come with this bundle are adorable, fun, and very entertaining. Moss a fairytale story of a mouse looking for her uncle. You'll have to solve puzzles and protect your little friend in order to help her with her goal. Astrobot Rescue Mission is a VR platformer where you have to, once again, solve puzzles to help your little friends.
Here are all the best cleaning tools to use to help keep your PlayStation VR clean and safe.
- 3-Pack Compressed Air ($14 at Amazon)
Every home needs a can or two of compressed air in the cabinet. It's perfect for dusting all those hard to reach spots when it comes to your technology.
- AmazonBasics Microfiber Cloth ($11 at Amazon)
When it comes to cleaning lenses or electronics a microfiber cloth is your safest option. You can use them dry, without any harmful chemicals, to clean all the sensitive equipment you have.
- Bleach Free Disinfectant Wipes ($8 at Amazon)
These disinfectant wipes do not contain any traces of bleach. That makes this option the best when it comes to cleaning equipment that has to be used on your face.