Since the announcement at CES for both Vive trackers and Deluxe audio strap you may have decided to get one on the 6th of June. With adjustable headphones and a dial to at the back to easily adjust your head, this will make the HTC Vive headset a lot more comfortable, but perhaps also easier to wear for long hours in virtual reality (VR). VRFocus has put this little guide together on how to take off the old strap and put on your new Deluxe audio strap.
Taking off the old strap
1. Detach the standard strap and buckle by rotating the buckle downward. You’ll hear a click when the buckle is released.
2. Push open the compartment cover to access the connector slots on the headset.
3. Carefully pull the tab until the HDMI cable is unplugged, and then unplug the power cable and USB cable as well as the audio cable.
4. Take out the 3-in-1 cable, audio cable and HTC compartment cover out of the Velcro straps.
Make sure that nothing else is attached to the cables and do not lose the audio cable! Now that you have safely removed all of the cables it’s time to put on the Deluxe audio strap.
Attaching Deluxe Audio Strap
1. Press the buckles of Vive Deluxe Audio Strap to the connectors on the headset using the palms of your hands until you hear a click to fix them in place.
2. Insert the 3-in-1 cable and the strap’s audio cable into the compartment cover’s cable hole (not into the hole on the Vive logo).
3. Connect the cables to its corresponding slots in the headset’s compartment.
4. Align the ridge on the HTC compartment cover with the tabs on the compartment, and then push the cover until it snaps in place.
5. Fix the 3-in-1 cable in place on the clip on the right side of the strap.
6. Attach the sticky back of the velcro cable tie (comes with the box) underneath the cushion (right side). Loop the cable tie around the 3-in-1 cable, and then fasten it in place.
7. Insert the strap’s velcro band to the compartment cover’s band lock, and then secure it in place.
Adjust dial, velcro band or headphones till they’re comfortable and enjoy VR! If things get confusing, there’s always the video down below to help guide you on where to find things and where to put them. If you want to purchase a Deluxe audio strap you can do it on Vive’s website.