REWIND was the creative agency behind Ghost in the Shell VR Experience.
British creative agency REWIND has created some notable virtual reality (VR) experiences over the past few years, including Ghost in the Shell VR Experience and Silicon Valley: Inside the Hacker Hostel. Today, BAFTA has announced the appointment of REWIND’s CEO and Founder, Sol Rogers as chair of the new Immersive Entertainment Advisory Group.
The Immersive Entertainment Advisory Group will take over the work done by BAFTA’s previous commitee, the Virtual Reality Advisory Group, with 15 individuals representing both the technology and creative sectors delivering recommendations to BAFTA over the next twelve months.
In a statement about the appointment Sol Rogers said: “Last year we built a great foundation together; this year I’m honoured to be taking the reins and steering BAFTA’s new Immersive Entertainment Advisory Group to continue to make an important and positive impact on our burgeoning industry. The focus will be on educating and supporting BAFTA and its members on all things immersive. While the core team will be smaller than before, there will be plenty of opportunities for those interested and involved currently in BAFTA film, games, and TV to participate in larger consultations throughout the year.”
The group’s mission is to explore the impact that VR, augmented reality (AR), mixed reality (MR) and beyond will have on the current landscape of the film, videogame, and television industries, assess the impact of immersive entertainment and the best ways for BAFTA to facilitate learning experiences. Additionally, the Immersive Entertainment Advisory Group will also engage with the VR/AR and MR communities during its research by hosting events and inviting information and feedback.
BAFTA’s Immersive Entertainment Advisory Group is comprised of:
- Chair – Solomon Rogers – Founder and CEO, REWIND
- Deputy – Dave Ranyard – Founder and CEO, Dream Reality Interactive
- Alice Taylor – Director, StudioLab, Walt Disney Studios
- Annie Robinson – Head of Content and Creator Relations, Magic Leap
- Duncan Burbidge – VP Global Operations, The Third Floor
- Julia Hamilton Trost – Head of Business Development & Content Partnerships, Google VR/AR
- Mária Rakušanová – Director of VR, AR and New Media, Raindance Film Festival. Microsoft Mixed Reality
- Neil Graham – Executive Producer, Sky VR & Sky Cinema
- Nick Rooke – Director of Developer Relations, Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe
- Paul Brown – GM, Vive Europe
- Ted Schilowitz – Futurist In Residence, Paramount
- Tom Burton – Head of Interactive and VR, BBC
- Vicki Dobbs Beck – Executive in Charge, ILMxLab
- Yelena Rachitsky – Executive Producer for Experiences, Oculus
For any further updates from BAFTA on its VR/AR and MR plans.