The Games for Change event will once again incorporate immersive technology with XR for Change.
XR for Change, formerly known as VR for Change, has announced the programming for its day-long XR For Change summit, which focusses on helping developers, artists, storytellers, researchers and journalists harness the potential of virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and mixed reality (MR) to create a positive impact.
The XR for Change Summit is run by Games for Change, and the summit will explore how immersive technologies can have a meaningful impact on areas such as journalism, health, education and training. The goal of the summit to to explore how those technologies can address real-world challenges and drive social change.
The summit is set to feature keynote presentations by Walter Greenleaf of the Virtual Human Interaction Lab at Stanford University, Tom Furness the Founder and Chairman of Virtual World Society and Nadine Hachach-Haram, co-founder of Proximie.
“After carefully listening to many voices across different parts of our community about building on the success of the inaugural VR for Change Summit, we decided to expand the focus of the Summit to XR to incorporate other emerging technology in the hopes of being more inclusive for more developers,” said Susanna Pollack, President of Games of Change. “We believe there is tremendous potential for impact in all of these technologies and look forward to nurturing a community that can explore the full breadth of possibilities in making social good experiences.”
Several VR and AR experiences are planned to be featured at the event, including:
- Terminal 3 – by Asad J. Malik
- Greenland Melting – by Emblematic Group
- Jupiter & Mars – by Tigertron
- 1000 Cut Journey – by Courtney Cogburn, Elise Ogle, Cogburn
- Research Group and Virtual Human Interaction Lab
- This is Climate Change: Fire, Famine, Feast – by Condition One
- The Journey – by Charlotte Mikkelborg
- She Flies by Her Own Wings – by Oculus VR for Good and The Pride Foundation
- Meeting a Monster – by Oculus VR for Good and Life After Hate
- Into the Now – by RSA Films