The Virtual Reality Los Angeles (VRLA) conference will be taking place in just over a week’s time with plenty of big name studios and manufacturers in attendance. Aiming to bring VR to the masses will also be Exit Reality, an San Francisco-based startup that’ll be taking its room-scale VR trucks and demo cubes featuring plenty of immersive experiences.
Exit Reality created its VR trucks as a way for anyone to tryout the technology, either as a first time user or for repeat customers. The truck has been making its rounds around LA to promote VRLA for the past month before being stationed at the event. Exit Reality’s maker-esque refurbished delivery trucks are equipped with a HTC Vive so anyone walking down the street can pop in and give it a go.
The company has also created cube installations that can be installed on a temporary basis – there was one at the Grammy’s party – or more permanent. The cube a VRLA will feature two brand new games powered by SofaVR allowing smartphone users to interact with the person in the cube, making it a much more social experience.
The videogames and experiences on offer include:
- • Arcade Saga – 2 Bears Studio
- • Fruit Ninja – Halfbrick Studios
- • ROM: Extraction – First Contact Entertainment
- • Gnomes & Goblins – Wevr
- • The Brookhaven Experiment – Phosphor Games
- • Holopoint – Alzan Studios
- • Space Pirate Trainer – I-Illusions
- • theBlu – Wevr
- • The Lab – Valve
- • The Rose and I – Penrose Studios
- • Mad God – Tippett Studio
- • Eye for an Eye – Elia Petridis
- • Invasion! – Baobab Studios
- • Fantastic Contraption – Northway Games
- • Raw Data – Survios
- • Audioshield – Dylan Fitterer
- • Google Tilt Brush – Google
- • Finding your True Self: Deepak Chopra Meditation Simulation
- • Guided VR Meditation – Cubicle Ninja
Tickets for VRLA are still available with the business-focused 2-Day Pro Pass at $299 USD and a 1-Day Pass for Saturday priced at $40. The event will take place on 14th-15th April at the Los Angeles Convention Centre.