As I mentioned earlier in the week, when it comes to VR events, meetups, workshops etc you can get to the point where you’re practically tripping over them if you’re not careful. One thing that we have not had however is an event specialising in VR and its connection to sport.
Until now, for November sees San Francisco host the World Virtual & Augmented Reality Sports Innovation Summit 2017.
Taking place across November 15th and 16th 2017, the event is looking to bring together key stateholders from the world of sport around the world to discuss the applications of VR tech in a changing entertainment world. The advisory board and speakers confirmed for the event already include
Advisory Board & Speakers Include:
- David Young, Vice President of Operations, Seattle Seahawks
- Johannes Holzmuller, Head of Technology Innovation, FIFA
- William Deng, Director Media Strategy & Business Development, NFL
- Mandy Rutledge, Sports Partnerships Director, Microsoft
- Robert Alberino Jr, Vice President / Executive Producer, San Francisco 49ers
- Rod Nenner, Vice President, Washington Redskins
- Michael Davies, Senior Vice President Technical & Field Operations, FOX Sports
- Betsy Girder, Managing Director Technology Development, NASCAR
- Tom Sahara, Vice President Operations & Technology, Turner Sports
- Mounir Zok, Director of Technology & Innovation, US Olympic Committee
- Costa Kladianos, Director of Information Technology, Tennis Canada
- Alex Jacques, Director of Events, The Madison Square Garden Company
- Jesse Nunez, Director of Corporate Partnerships, Los Angeles Dodgers
Tickets are already available for the event at http://www.virtual-reality-sports-innovation.com/booking/.