Rose Haft CEO & Founder of Lumenora (right) and Poornima Vijayashanker, founder of Femgineer (left)
Interview with Rose Haft Founder of Lumenora
Remember Google Glass? Yeah, it didn’t quite take off, did it. It was just one example of a failed attempt to productize virtual reality. Its short lifespan, along with a number of other products since the 90s, has probably got you thinking that there is just a lot of buzz around augmented reality and virtual reality.
Although the technologies seem exciting, you might be on the fence when it comes to investing your time and energy exploring the technology.
It doesn’t help that the cost associated with production and acquisition of the devices, and the limited toolset, have made them both a challenge to tinker with.
But I have some good news for you: much of the market is changing! There are some great applications disrupting businesses and industries like healthcare, and a number of resources making it easier to build.
In today’s Build episode, we’re going to dive into the major differences and similarities between augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR). Then we’ll debunk the many myths around AR/VR. And in next week’s episode, we’ll share some of the cool applications that are coming on the market and a number of resources to help you get started!
To help us out, I’ve invited Rose Haft, who is the CEO and Founder of Lumenora.
Here’s what you’ll learn as you watch today’s episode:
- The major differences between AR and VR
- Why products like Google Glass failed to take off and what new products are learning from its demise
- Why you haven’t heard from companies that are actually making a mark
- Why big companies like Facebook are investing in a long-term strategy
- How Rose Haft got introduced to AR/VR and how her company Lumenora is approaching the market