Toyota has launched its new C-HR with a campaign, which will shift the focus towards design, technology and performance in a bid to appeal to younger generations.
The campaign shifts Toyota’s focus to technology and performance.
Created by BWM Dentsu and filmed by Exit Films’ Ben Tricklebank, ‘Thrill of the next’ features a young couple experiencing a variety of thrilling experiences through the car, such as attending a fashion show.
The new work features live-action camera work and visual effects as well as an original score by Nylon Studios.
The campaign is the first for Toyota since Mumbrella revealed chief marketing officer Brad Cramb had left the brand after 22 years.
Wayne Gabriel, who recently took over from Cramb as CMO, said the Toyota C-HR campaign represented ‘The Next’ “in more ways than one”.
“The C-HR is a new direction for the sub-compact SUV category and a new direction for Toyota. It will appeal to a whole new generation of Toyota buyers and delivers the style, technology and performance that consumers in this market are looking for,” Gabriel said.
“This campaign showcases the style and innovation of the vehicle in a way that will really grab our target market’s attention.”
Asheen Naidu, executive creative director at BWM Dentsu Sydney said the latest work was the “first step” towards a “bold new future for Toyota as a brand”.
The campaign will run across online, out of home, print, social and virtual reality.
- * Client: Toyota Australia
- * Chief Marketing Officer – Wayne Gabriel
- * Corporate Manager, Brand Management & Communications – Yolande Waldock
- * Manager, Marketing Communications, National Marketing Division – Hannah Roy
- * Commercial Communications Manager, National Marketing – Hayley Phillips
- * Commercial Communications Coordinator, National Marketing – Corinne Nolan
Agency: BWM Dentsu
- * Chief Creative Officer – Rob Belgiovane
- * Executive Creative Director – Asheen Naidu
- * Senior Copywriter – Oskar Westerdal
- * Senior Art Director – Jerome Gaslain
- * Planning Director – Karl Bates
- * CEO Oddfellows – Andrew Black
- * Client Service Director – Brent Kirby
- * Senior Account Director – Guy Lovell
- * Account Manager – Chris Murphy
- * Head of Onscreen – Margot Fitzpatrick
- * Production Company: Exit Films
- * Director – Ben Tricklebank
- * Producer – Fiona Pakes
- * DOP – Simon Duggan
- * Editor – Drew Thompson, Arc Edit
- * Post Production & Visual Effects: Alt.vfxVfx
- * Supervisors – Andreas Wanda/ Colin Renshaw
- * Senior Producer – Tyrone Estephan
- * Music and Sound Post Production: Nylon Studios
- * Executive Producer – Karla Henwood
- * Music Composer/Arranger – Jesse Watt
- * Sound Engineer – Stuart Welch