In partnership with Eleven PR and Digital Arts Network, Krispy Kreme has created a virtual reality film, ‘Journey to Glazetopia’ to launch a new range of doughnuts “inspired by the flavours of cinema”.
The sci-fi inspired virtual reality film aims to advance the company’s presence in the digital space following the success of the American Classic campaign and website.
A Sarcastic Algorithmic computer (SAL) will guide customers through the doughnut galaxy, which will feature doughnut pirates, black holes, marshmallow moons and caramel popcorn asteroids.
Customers will be given a limited edition VR Google cardboard headset for every purchase of the new doughnut range.
The four new doughnuts inspired by the cinema candy bar are Choccy Orange, Cola Fizz, Caramel Popcorn and Choc Top and will be available in stores from March 7.
Russ Tucker, creative director of Digital Arts Network and Eleven, said: “Krispy Kreme’s latest doughnut range taps into the flavours of the cinema and we felt that a blockbuster hit for the tastebuds needed a blockbuster movie to go with it.
“Together with Krispy Kreme, we wanted to bring to life the movie experience that inspired the range so we’ve partnered with Yukfoo and Google Cardboard to create a 360 VR sci-fi adventure, ‘Journey to Glazetopia’.”
Andrew McGuigan, CEO of Krispy Kreme Australia, said: “We believe we already have the world’s best doughnut. With a campaign like this we have a reason to be relevant in the hearts and minds of our fans beyond what is simply in the box.”
- Advertising Agency: Digital Arts Network + TBWA
- General Manager of DAN: Liz Harper
- Digital ECD: Russ Tucker
- Producer: Annabel Jewers
- Creative team: David Arns and Stephen Hansen
- Account Director: Lauren Britton
- Digital Producer: Kris Magadia
- Designer: Raz Djamaluddin
- Data Planner: Kathryn Claughton
- PR Agency: Eleven
- Managing Director: Roberto Pace
- Group Account Director: Fiona Milliken
- Account Director: Jade Glashoff
- Senior Account Executive: Brenda Chan
- Production Company: Yukfoo
- Directors: Alan Dickson and Evan Viera
- Producer: Amy Neave
- Sound: Sonar Music
- Producer: Sophie Haydon
- Sound Engineer: Timothy Bridge
- Media Agency: Sandbox Media
- General Manager: Paul Brennan
- Head of Digital: Laura Hamod Barnes
- Krispy Kreme Australia
- Marketing Manager: Russell Schulman
- Digital Brand Manager: Jack Minchin