Virtuality, the first Parisian show dedicated to Virtual Reality, found its audience on February 24th, 25th and 26th at Centquatre-Paris. The 110 exhibitors will have attracted more than 16,000 visitors over the 3 days, which is a record-breaking number compared to other more established international events.
Virtual Reality is a developing market. The interest of professionals and the general public confirms that virtual reality is no longer a gimmick and that there is a real interest in supporting this potentially large market.
Virtuality Paris welcomed 110 exhibitors and 16,000 visitors, which was the maximum attendance capacity at the show in order to allow everyone to experience quality experiences under optimum conditions), far exceeding the original objectives of the organizers. Virtuality posted full Saturday and Sunday, which were the days reserved for the general public.
Founded with the desire to support French companies at the forefront of this technology, Virtuality has honored its promise with a visitor ratio of 50% professionals and a very good feedback on the commercial negotiations they were able to carry out on site. "Our intuition was the right one: a new market is born, our companies are performing in this area, we must value them and support them to help them develop in France and internationally," said Olivier Godest, founder of Virtuality Paris.
Here is a quick overview of some of the most noticeable VR experiences proposed to the public:
- Touring of the Nightshift Caterham Drive XP
- Opening the airlock of the international space station to jump into space, presented by VRrOOm's team ("A VR Spacewalk" produced by Rewind for the BBC)
- Discovering the Tumulte in its mobile version, a vast cylinder, in which twenty people can stand together to enjoy 360° 3D images with which they can interact
- Testing the Hyper Reality of Smart VR Studio mixing VR, motion capture and connected objects,
- Trying Ogone's escape game om VR and AR
- Flying with the Hypersuit flight simulator
As part of its support for the promising start-ups of this industry, the show co-organized with the teams of Numa Paris a start-up competition to reward the most promising.
Rendez-vous in 2018 for the second edition of Virtuality! '